Statistically, birthday emails are one of the most valuable emails you can send to your customers. Campaign Monitor specifically says that birthday emails have a 481% higher transaction rate than other promotional emails. But how do you make them most effective? Having a loyalty program such as Trezoro can give you the information you need to enable strong birthday marketing. However, there are also some other tools you can use to make you stand out among the countless other companies that offer rewards on people’s birthdays.
Have a loyalty program:
Having a loyalty program like Trezoro is the first step in order to make effective birthday coupons for your customers. You need a detailed customer database with information about your customers such as their birthdays, most purchased item, etc. Having this information will help make your birthday emails more personalized to your customers making them more likely to spend at your business on their special day.
Have a Strong Subject Line:
The first thing your customers see of your birthday email is the subject line, so it is really important you make this personal. Try to include both their name and gender. These two things will make your customer feel like you care more than the countless other birthday emails they are receiving. Tory Burch does a great job with the subject line. They makes sure each customer receives their email with the subject line customized with their name along with a “happy birthday” message! Besides the subject line, they also offer a 50 dollar gift card, which isn’t so bad!
Make a Clean and Fun Layout:
After your customer has been drawn by your strong and effective subject line, you have to continue by having a good layout. Make sure there is a fun birthday message at the top. However, what follows this is most important. It needs to be clear what you are offering. It is recommended to not do a combined offer. Simply do a discount or a specified amount of free credit. Starbucks does a great job with their format along with their simple but effective offer. The company gives a free item that a customer can easily access on their birthday. The email they send is also has a catchy banner saying “We’d never miss a birthday, there’s something good on your card.” Making it the offer clear while having a fun and pretty layout will keep the customer engaged while getting them excited to take the next step towards a transaction, whether that is online or in store.
Give your Customers Time:
On your birthday, you receive a lot of emails, so it’s important that your coupon gives your customer time to decide and buy with your offer. A lot of business recommend the offer expiring after 30 days. This will also make it more likely that they will remember your offer after the excitement of their birthday has calmed down. Make sure you include the amount of time they have to redeem their offer in the email. Many companies usually place this at the bottom.
By Katelyn Fletcher
Email marketing databases decrease by about 22.5% every year. But don’t worry, this doesn’t have to be you, as long as you know how to maintain a strong email marketing list! In regards to marketing for your business, you need to be constantly adding new contacts and emails to keep your database growing. There are easy ways to do this, which we have explained below for you!
1. Create good content:
You’re going to get more subscribers as long as you have good content. Spend time on it and make sure it is clean, fun, and easy to read. If you don’t take the time to perfect this simple step, it’s going to be hard for you to gain and maintain a stronger database of subscribers.
3. Have current subscribers share your emails with their friends:
When you send emails, make it very clear that the customers should share emails with their friends! When they do so, your expanding your network to a brand new set of customers. Even better, these individuals will probably be interested in your business because their friends are as well! Make sure in your marketing email to include a subscriber button somewhere that is easy and clear to see. This enables new customers to easily be added to your list automatically!
4. Get a loyalty program, like Trezoro!
The two previous examples are ways to help your mailing list grow directly through mail itself. However, a loyalty software such as Trezoro can help with growing your list without a physical email. When signing up a new customer for a loyalty plan, you enter their email address to get them signed up to start earning points, punches, and lots of rewards! This is an easy way to get them into a list without them having to subscribe themselves. You’re list will grow drastically and at a very quick rate, giving you leverage over other businesses. Besides this, the loyalty program is also going to give you more loyal customers, its a win-win!
By Katelyn Fletcher
1. The simplest way to reach mobile customers:
Mobile phones make it super easy to reach all kinds of customers. If you are trying to contact them, it definitely makes it easy. It is the most reliable way to reach these customers. It also surpasses other online marketing tools such as social media because everyone has an email, and everyone checks it multiple times each day! You are much more likely to have a customer see an email you sent, instead of a picture you posted on your Instagram. Besides that, an email directly to your customer is much more personable.
Email marketing is not only easy for you, but it is one of your most inexpensive options. It gives you a lot of options with a small price. The only thing you might need to purchase is a email marketing software, which we will discuss in a later post! Super easy and super cheap, what could be better than that?
3 . Personable:
The fun part about email marketing is that you get to make it personal and fun. Each email can have a different feel, and you can get customers excited by making emails fun to read and look at. Besides looks, you can also get personable with the message. You can send specific customers things for their birthday or special events directly catered to them, making your customers feel special and loved by your business.
By Katelyn Fletcher
Email marketing can be a great way to get in touch with potential customers while making your existing ones love you all the more. In today’s world, there are so many options when it comes to email marketing, and it is important to figure out which software can best meet your needs. In this post we will focus on some of the big name providers and learn about how each have strong aspects that might resonate with you and your business.
1. Mail Chimp
Starting Price: Free
- Good for Any Size Business: The features of Mail Chimp really fulfill the needs of any company. The best part being that it is as easy to integrate for 500 subscribers as it is for 50,000. Whether you are a small business or work internationally, you can trust in Mail Chimp for your unique needs. Besides this, Mail Chimp is known to be easy to use throughout the process.
- Strong Mobile Capabilities: Mail Chimp is known for their multiple mobile options, having a staggering 7 mobile apps available for download! With MailChimp Mobile, one of the most popular, you can easily see your customers and add notes to them individually, check reports, and send a campaign. You can also use another app called MailChimp Snap to send a quick and easy photo email to either a select few of your subscribers, or all of them! These mobile features give you an advantage over companies with alternate software, because you really know what’s going on with your subscribers, which is important.
- Notable Abuse Prevention: Mail Chimp also focuses on abuse prevention with an initiative called Omnivore. This is a really strong tool that enables business owners to feel confident in the software. It is able to predict bad behavior in campaigns from the very start, therefore keeping the system clean.
Free Trial Available
2. Constant Contact:
Starting Price: $15/month
- Strong Customer Support: Constant Contact is specifically known for strong customer support, giving you lots of options when needing help. You are able to start a live chat with a representative, send an email to the team, make a call to customer service, and even connect to them via Twitter! Besides this, the software also provides different video tutorials to help you along the way. This makes businesses comfortable with the software when trying to best deliver to their subscribers.
- Numerous Customizable Templates: The software offers several vibrant templates that are easy to customize. With each having a different theme and purpose, you will have plenty to choose from. These will really stand out compared to other emails your subscribers are receiving. Also, they are extremely easy to customize making it very desirable for small businesses.
- Extensive PLUS features: Constant Contact’s PLUS features enable you to go way beyond emails. This includes the possibilities of collecting donations, creating surveys, offering coupons (retailers favorite), and even running live events. These are some of the customer’s favorite aspects making you stand out compared to other companies trying to accomplish successful email marketing.
Free Trial Available
Photos taken from the Mail Chimp and Constant Contact Website
By Katelyn Fletcher